About 4 Servings
Only a few weeks into my low-carb, I got crazy hungry for pizza. If you pre-cook the sausage or mushrooms, you’ll want to reheat them before making the pizza.
1 Pound Bulk Sausage, Browned
½ Pound Mushrooms, Sautéed
½ Cup Chopped Green Pepper
½ Cup Chopped Sweet Onion
1 2.25-Ounce Can Sliced Black Olives
1 15-Ounce Can Pizza Sauce
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- Spray 13″ x 9″ pan—I used a cookie sheet of the same size—with cooking spray or coat very lightly with olive oil.
- Brown the sausage and make it crumbly, set aside.
- Sautee the mushrooms—I did mine in EVOO and wine—and set aside.
- Cut the peppers and onions.
- Spread the sausage in the pan, top with mushrooms, then one cup of the mozzarella cheese. Spread the green peppers, onions and black olives, then the remaining cheese.
- Bake about 10 minutes, just until the cheese is melted.
Store unused portions in oven-save pan. To reheat, bake 10 minutes at 300°.